West Coast, Scotland
A largescale and long-term project involving the reestablishment of native forestry across the Knoydart peninsula, under partnership with Knoydart Forest Trust. There is a long-term local effort to reforest the knoydart peninsula with some projects already underway. Akre has been chosen to design and implement native woodland creation on behalf of the local management. This will be carried out in blocks of native woodland creation in a concerted long-term effort.
There are multiple sites accross the Knoydart Forest from which carbon credits can be purchased. Please contact us if you are interested.
- Significant habitat creation and biodiversity value
- Project duration – 100 years.
Native woodlands provide an incredibly diverse and indispensable range of benefits for ecosystems and human-derived ecosystem services.
- Habitat creation and ecosystem regeneration
- Water purification
- Oxygen production, air purification and pollution entrapment
- Flood risk mitigation
- Soil regeneration and erosion prevention
- Carbon sequestration
- Amenity and recreation